WHDH snubs Leno

Maureen Carney m_carney@yahoo.com
Thu Apr 2 20:23:31 EDT 2009

Yes, it's WTMU, Telemundo 60. There's also the outside possibility of WBPX (and the stations on the Cape and in Concord, NH) as NBC still has some stake in Ion. Those are not strong options. Perhaps Sunbeam is using this as bait to get NBC to make an offer?

________________________________
From: Mark Watson <markwats@comcast.net>
To: Maureen Carney <m_carney@yahoo.com>; Boston Radio Group <boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 2, 2009 7:49:53 PM
Subject: Re: WHDH snubs Leno

Maureen Carney wrote:

> WHDH is airing news at 10 this Fall instead of Jay Leno:

You must be psychic Maureen. I was just typing a post on this, as I just saw the story on the Boston Globe website. The Globe article quotes the president of NBC, who says WHDH is violating the terms of their contact with NBC, and if they persist they will strip Channel 7's affiliation. He also says they have a number of other strong options in the Boston market, including their existing broadcast license to launch an O &O. Isn't that license the Telemundo station licensed to Merrimack, originally WGOT channel 60?

Link to the Globe article:
http://www.boston.com/business/ticker/2009/04/channel_7_no_le.html

Mark Watson