WHDH snubs Leno

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Thu Apr 2 19:49:53 EDT 2009

Maureen Carney wrote:

> WHDH is airing news at 10 this Fall instead of Jay Leno:

  You must be psychic Maureen. I was just typing a post on this, as I just
saw the story on the Boston Globe website. The Globe article quotes the
president of NBC, who says WHDH is violating the terms of their contact with
NBC, and if they persist they will strip Channel 7's affiliation. He also
says they have a number of other strong options in the Boston market,
including their existing broadcast license to launch an O &O. Isn't that
license the Telemundo station licensed to Merrimack, originally WGOT channel
60?

  Link to the Globe article:
http://www.boston.com/business/ticker/2009/04/channel_7_no_le.html

Mark Watson