Radio soap opera theme music

A. Joseph Ross Joe@attorneyross.com
Thu Apr 2 16:59:44 EDT 2009

On 2 Apr 2009 Dan.Strassberg wrote:

> All this is bringing to mind Bob and Ray's wonderful parodies of
> daytime soaps. The most famous of them, Mary Backstage, Noble Wife,
> may have run as long as the "real" program, Mary Noble, Backstage
> Wife, (and I'd wager is remembered by more people than is the real
> program). But there were others, such as Mr Trace, Keener than Most
> Persons, a takeoff on the nighttime show, Mr Keane, Tracer of Lost
> Persons. Bob and Ray may also have done Mr Agony, a takeoff on the
> always tearful personal-advice program, Mr Anthony. I have heard an
> actual clip from Mr Anthony on Danny Stiles classic records show,
> which appears on erratic schedule, overnights on WRCA 1330
> (Watertown).

Bob and Ray also did "One Fella's Family," a spoof of "One Man's
Family."  My favorite of their parodies was their space opera parody
"Laurence Fectenberger, Interstellar Officer Candidate,"  sponsored
by "Chocolate Cookies with White Stuff In Between Them."

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                   617.367.0468
92 State Street, Suite 700            Fax: 617.507.7856