WEEI Network loses affiliate

Dan Billings billings@suscom-maine.net
Wed Apr 1 18:54:29 EDT 2009

The WEEI network is no longer being heard on JJ Jeffery's 95.5 Topsham.  The
network can still be heard on 95.9 Saco.

95.5 is now simulcasting the talk programming of 1310 WLOB, including the
local morning talk show.  Until last September, the talk was on 96.3, but
when JJ signed up with WEEI, the local sports programming that was on 95.5
got moved to 96.3 and the talk station was left with only 1310 and its
terrible signal.  (I think regular flooding has screwed up the station's
grounding system.)  Now the talk programming can be heard throughout Greater
Portland and Lewiston/Auburn.

There is a lot of overlap between 95.5 and 95.9.  I don't think WEEI loses
much coverage -- though they could use and Augusta station.  For some
reason, Blueberry Broadcasting has WEEI on two Bangor stations but has Fox
Sports on stations in Madison, Gardiner, and Rockland.