Kurtz, Wash Post: Rush's ratings bump real (12+)

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Wed Apr 1 16:36:26 EDT 2009

>>In defense of my former colleague (and now competitor) Tom Taylor, the
news section he runs on the front page of R-I is top notch. If he says
it, it's true - and on the very rare occasions when he's wrong, he
doesn't hesitate to say so and correct himself.

The problem he has at Radio-Info is that everyone still thinks of the
site for its message boards, which are indeed a sewer of misinformation,
ignorance and outright malice. (Except, of course, for my own posts
there... :-)<<

Absolutely no disagreement there.  Laurence was quoting something posted on the message boards, and that was the target of my comments.

>>If I were running Radio-Info, I'd have launched Tom's daily newsletter,
and the other original content they're trying to do there, under some
completely different brand name so it would never be associated with the
message boards. Good thing they didn't ask me for my advice...<<

No, bad thing.  They should have asked you...unless the definition of "information" changed while we weren't paying attention...

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom New England
20 Guest St / 3d Floor
Brighton MA  02135-2040