Kurtz, Wash Post: Rush's ratings bump real (12+)

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Wed Apr 1 16:30:00 EDT 2009

Sid Schweiger wrote:
>>> According to radioandrecords.com
> and radio-info.com, Boston PPMs have been embargoed.<<
>
> Quoting radio-info.com as a factual source?
>
> I'd like some of what you're smoking.

In defense of my former colleague (and now competitor) Tom Taylor, the
news section he runs on the front page of R-I is top notch. If he says
it, it's true - and on the very rare occasions when he's wrong, he
doesn't hesitate to say so and correct himself.

The problem he has at Radio-Info is that everyone still thinks of the
site for its message boards, which are indeed a sewer of misinformation,
ignorance and outright malice. (Except, of course, for my own posts
there... :-)

If I were running Radio-Info, I'd have launched Tom's daily newsletter,
and the other original content they're trying to do there, under some
completely different brand name so it would never be associated with the
message boards. Good thing they didn't ask me for my advice...