Uncle Dale's replacement...

Sean Smyth ssmyth@psualum.com
Fri Sep 19 14:54:41 EDT 2008

On Fri, 9/19/08, Scott Fybush <scott@fybush.com> wrote:
 > > Sounds like this move came from up top, and I'd be
> surprised if 103.3
> > isn't all-sports by Christmas. You just don't
> make this type of move
> > if you want to stay with the format.
>
> Hey! Leave me some speculating for Monday's NERW :-)

Sorry, I should leave the speculating for the experts. :-)

(And I am no expert on this. The only reason I made the comment that I did was Ted Jordan's comment struck me as something that was planted by someone above his pay grade. What restaurant did they run into each other at? Kowloon? Was Eddie there, too?)

> If I were in Ted Jordan's shoes, I'd almost be
> thinking at this point
> about moving WBZ from 103 AM to 103 FM and using Lobel as a
> building
> block to do sports on 1030...but, hey, it's been almost
> 12 years since I
> walked out the door at 1170 SFR, so what do I know?

But then that runs to the opposite of what operators are doing in many markets, taking sports off AM and moving to FM. Then again, not every stick is WBZ...