DOT-FM Re: WXZO format change to oldies?

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Thu Sep 18 17:57:30 EDT 2008

Bob Nelson wrote:
> Can anyone in the area confirm this? Thanks!
>
>Yup, they flipped after Imus at 9 a.m. on Tuesday. WEAV (960
>Plattsburgh) remains as "The Zone." I haven't been able to pickup
>1320 Randolph yet but I would imagine it would stay with 960. The
>AM signal of WEAV is pathetic compared to where it was seven or
>eight years ago. Likely zippo for a ground plane and perhaps
>squirrels in residence in the transmitter out there across the
>lake. Besides the abysmal propagation, the audio chain,
>processing, would make an old DAP sound good.

>Bill O'Neill

Aside from a station that's been off-the-air for a protracted
period of time (like the PA station in Scott's NERW that had its
tower dismantled for scrap), what would cause the deterioration in
an AM station's signal that you describe?

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses
Get a Free Account at www.mail.com