Metro Networks Cuts In Boston

Bill O'Neill billohno@gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 21:30:19 EDT 2008

Mark Watson wrote:
>  According to Boston RadioWatch, several staffers and air talent were
> let go from Metro Network's Boston office as part of Metro's
> nationwide cuts. Among the notable names sent packing last Friday: Joe
> Stapleton, Bob MacNeil, Chris Fama, and Mauzy Stafford.
Another brick in the wall....  Seems like just yesterday that services
like Metro and Shadow set up shop and became opportunities for local
stations to release their in-house staff and go with a contractor to
provide talent for once core services like news and traffic.

And today, that service takes a hit.  I have an idea.  That NOAA weather
radio computer generated voice that has taken hold?  See if 'he' has
time in his schedule to run down the latest headlines.

Bill O'Neill