Now Radio

Bill O'Neill billohno@gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 16:42:36 EDT 2008

Wouldn't be a Monday without Scott's NERW column.  On the WJJZ stunting
from jazz to "Now" Scott writes, "Now" arrived at 9 o'clock Monday
morning, when WJJZ exited its stunt with the now-ubiqitous "Don't Stop
Believing," then launched into a brief, selective recap of the history
of Philadelphia radio before announcing a "new" approach to adult
contemporary radio...."

One has to wonder how "new" and  exciting  this new NOW approach will be.

"Now, new is the new Now. We're different, we mean new. Now, what do we
mean by the new Now? Well, we never 'stop believing' and you shouldn't
either.  Whatever that means.  Now, we don't know why we here at Now
played 'Don't Stop Believing' when the very next thing we did was ended
whatever it was that you were actually believing in.  But now, we're the
new Now and here's Ned Nowry with the Now-tastic News Now.  Weather Now,
Sports Now, and Music Now follows News Now. Did we mention that we're new?"

Bill O'Neill, now.