Sox network still way late with legal ID break

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Mon Oct 6 13:04:09 EDT 2008

On my way home from Sunday dinner, I listened to the Sox game on the
flagship for a little while.  I noted that the Sox network is still
not doing the legal ID break at the time that stations are legally
required to identify (before the first commercial at the end of the
half-inning).  This time the 8pm network ID break didn't happen until
8:16.  This has been a fairly consistent pattern every time I've
listened to the Sox network this year.  I'm told that some network
stations, like WTIC, have taken to inserting their own ID over the
network audio.

Would it be too late to mention this to the Commission in conjunction
with WRKO's license renewal from 2005, which still has not been
granted?  (Not that I'd want to make common cause with Ed Stolz....)

-GAWollman