[B-R-I] Re: Rep Markey introduces bill (HR7157) to require all radios to recieve HD & Satellite

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Mon Oct 6 11:56:50 EDT 2008

<<On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 14:00:58 +0000, "Kaimbridge M. GoldChild" <Kaimbridge@gmail.com> said:

>> To require that radios used in the satellite digital radio
>> service be capable of receiving terrestrial digital radio signals.

> i.e., *satellite* capable receivers must also be IBOC capable, not
> just any radio.

Oh, that's a bit better than what Brian had painted it as.  My faith
in Ed Markey is restored!  :-)

Since they already have to pay most of the same license fees for the
satellite patents, adding on the iBiquity patent portfolio isn't
likely to significantly increase the cost of the units.

I may still write a letter.

-GAWollman