[B-R-I] Re: Rep Markey introduces bill (HR7157) to require all radios to recieve HD & Satellite

Kaimbridge M. GoldChild Kaimbridge@gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 10:00:58 EDT 2008

Brian Vita wrote,

 > House Rep Markey has introduced bill HR 7157 to require all
 > AM/FM radios sold in the US to include HD and satellite.
 > Here's the boost that HD need to become viable.

http://radiomagonline.com/currents/congressional-bill-require-satellite-radio-0930/

Not quite, the article is misleading——click the link to the
actual bill:

           http://markey.house.gov/docs/telecomm/hr7157_final_text.pdf

It says,

 > To require that radios used in the satellite digital radio
 > service be capable of receiving terrestrial digital radio signals.

i.e., *satellite* capable receivers must also be IBOC capable, not
just any radio.

      ~Kaimbridge~

-----
      Wikipedia—Contributor Home Page: