Letter/number nicknames, and "rounding off"...

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sun Oct 5 13:32:18 EDT 2008

On 4 Oct 2008 at 15:37, David Tomm wrote:

> There are several stations in Connecticut that still use letter-
> number ID's...
>
> KC-101 (WKCI/Hamden)
> 96.5 TIC (WTIC-FM/Hartford)
> Q-105 (WQGN/Groton)
> I-95 (WRKI/Brookfield)
> 98Q (WDAQ/Danbury)
> I-98.3 (WILI-FM/Willimantic)
> 14WILI (WILI/Willimantic)

As I was driving home from Amherst last night I heard WDRC-FM in
Hartford.  They no longer call themselves "Big D 103" (or was it "Big
D 102"?), but they do say "Big D" now and then.  Mostly they're 'DRC-
FM."   They IDed as "WDRC-FM and WDRC-FM-HD1."  Why?

During the Saturday night request show, someone called in doing a
really great "Gosh darn it" immitation of Sarah Palin and requested
"North to Alaska," which they played "for Sarah."