Bill Drake Has Passed Away

Kevin Vahey kvahey@comcast.net
Sun Nov 30 20:31:56 EST 2008

Last time I heard the History of Rock and Roll was on XM and Drake did
the narration.

When Drake first assumed control of WRKO his first move was replacing
Al Gates with Dorman who he knew from KFRC.

He also wanted Charlie Tuna for WRKO but he had a non-compete clause
at WMEX and RKO didn't want to battle Richmond again after losing with
Arnie Ginsburg. Drake then hired Tuna for KHJ.

Drake would call the coupler phone at RKO 3 or 4 times a day to listen live.