WBIX testing IBOC

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Thu Nov 27 10:06:12 EST 2008

<<On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 09:53:42 -0500, "Dan.Strassberg" <dan.strassberg@att.net> said:

> transmitting at less than full power, I have to assume that there is
> now enough room at the Framingham site for the additional equipment
> required for WBIX to run IBOC.

Not a matter of space.  Grady told me the bandpass on 1060 was too
tight to run IBOC.  (The BE 4MX50 can certainly do it out-of-the-box,
and the HD encoder is just a couple of rack units.)  With 1200 gone,
he can retune the filter.

Once 1200 is really gone, if the town lets Alex do it, he can move one
of the towers and take 1060 to a full 50 kW-D.

-GAWollman