Manilow Disorder

Tony Abruzzese abruzzese@biochem.bumc.bu.edu
Wed Nov 26 19:15:22 EST 2008

IMDB yields this entry:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063660/

Svezia, inferno e paradiso (1968)

"Edmund Purdom narrates a pseudo-documentary about sexuality in Sweden.
It shows contraceptives for teen girls, lesbian nightclubs, wife
swapping, porno movies, biker gangs, and Walpurgis Night celebrations.
It also examines Sweden's purported drug, drinking and suicide problems.
It features the original appearance of the Piero Umiliani's nonsense
song "Mah Nà Mah Nà" which was later popularized by "Sesame Street" and
"The Muppet Show".  "

It's actually an Italian film.

Tony

Dan.Strassberg wrote:
> It was my understanding that the song, Menomena (apparently primarily
> associated today with the Muppets who performed it--you can find the
> video at many Web sites), was originally heard in the sound-track of a
> film (probably from the '60s) called "Heaven and Hell in Sweden."
> Google gave me no hits on the film, however, so I don't know whether
> the film--and probably the song--are really of Swedish origin.
> However, I suspect that the film and the music originated there.

Tony Abruzzese                                       abruzzes@bu.edu
Dept of Biochemistry                                    617-638-5092
Dept of Anatomy & Neurobiology
Division of Graduate Medical Sciences
Boston University School of Medicine