WABC could be (almost) all syndicated shows

radiotony radiotony@comcast.net
Wed Nov 26 16:40:11 EST 2008

Interestingly, Arnie is still on their site. I wrote about it on my blog
last week.
I wondered when she would save up the money to buy her own station.
At this point, she has either been kicked off or left six or seven stations.

With stations going for nothing - granted, outside of New England - she
should really bite the bullet and own one.
It may be the only way she gets on the air again because there aren't many
options left for her.

Best,
Tony Schinella
Politizine.com: Random musings about politics, music, the media and modern
times. Since 2002.
OurConcord.com: News and analysis for and about Concord, N.H.

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Laurence Glavin
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 4:08 PM
To: Dan.Strassberg; Dave Tomm; Alan Tolz
Subject: Re: WABC could be (almost) all syndicated shows

It seems odd that nobody posting to this thread has mentioned that
WCCM-AM 1110, Salem, NH, has cancelled  Arnie
Arnesen's morning-drive show on that station.  It made the national
media websites (Radio-info.com. Allaccessmedia.com)  but has gone
uncommented-on here.  WCCM replaced it with Doug Stephan's "Good Day"
program.
It also appears that John Bassett may be retiring...he appeared on the
station today (Wednesday) and the subject of the conversation was about how
he'll
fill his hours now that he doesn't have to commute from Milton to Methuen
any more.  (Undoubtedly, he will continue to make "pleasure trips" to
Methuen.