WABC could be (almost) all syndicated shows

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Wed Nov 26 11:53:47 EST 2008

Sign of the times? Here, WRKO finds it's almost all syndicated shows (only Finneran and Howie Carr are local;
well, Carr's syndicated by Entercom technically but 'RKO is the flagship and it's usually Boston-based talk--
certainly lately it has been). Now WABC in New York may be just about all syndicated. They're doing a news
show from 5-6 am with Charles McCord, followed by Imus, (apparently) Joe Scarborough, Rush, Hannity, Levin,
Laura Ingraham (replacing Bob Grant) and the new Curtis Sliwa show. I think they do Coast to Coast after that.
(The news about "Morning Joe" comes from Tom Taylor's email-provided radio-info.com column.)

A powerful station in the nation's biggest city--just about all syndicated talk, though. As we've said local
talk is important, but it's a sign of cost-cutting (such as at WRKO, where the 10-noon slot had been local
for some time but got turned over to Ingraham).