The importance of local talk radio

A. Joseph Ross Joe@attorneyross.com
Tue Nov 25 16:12:12 EST 2008

On 25 Nov 2008 Kevin Vahey wrote:

> Now it leads to an interesting question. I have to assume Channel 7
> must have picked up the Dumont feed of Sheen (WBZ certainly could not
> show Milton Berle) If Sheen was on WTAO-TV he alone would have sold
> thousands of converter boxes in heavily Catholic Boston of the 50's
> and the station might have survived. Professor Halper?

For some reason, my mother liked Bishop Sheen, which is why I
remember him.  He was on channel 7 at the time.  Berle was on channel
4.

When we moved to Albany, Bishop Sheen was on WRGB (on channel 4 at
the time) on Sunday afternoon.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                   617.367.0468
92 State Street, Suite 700            Fax: 617.507.7856