30 Rock Studio 6-B

Kevin Vahey kvahey@comcast.net
Tue Nov 25 14:47:15 EST 2008

In talking about NBC we should note that last week was the 40th
anniversary of Heidi which was NBC's BOC darkest moment.

To show how things have changed..back in 1968 there was only one
constant line between New York and Burbank and when they wanted to
change direction ATT Long Lines had to do it in Iowa. Burbank had
control of the game from Oakland but the work order for ATT was to
switch back to NYC BOC at 6:59:40 EST.

BTW I am always amused by Bostonians who say they remember Heidi. It
didn't affect WBZ at all as channel 4 had the Patriots at Kansas City
which ended on time.