30 Rock Studio 6-B

Bill O'Neill billohno@gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 12:48:35 EST 2008

TVNETDUDE@aol.com wrote:
> And we  all know the story of how the announcer in 8-H told WNBC he
> would retire  when this new show he was given in 1975 was cancelled.
> Don Pardo really  never retired until he hit 90.
Someone should be helping Pardo with his memoir for goodness sake. What
are we waiting for, 100? Not that the next ten years won't be action
packed, but this guy _started_ his SNL gig when he was _57_. The stories
he could tell.  BTW, I thought I heard Pardo intro'ing the Palin bits
this season.

Aside from Paul Harvey, there are few who have been behind a mic this
late in life.

Bill O'Neill