30 Rock Studio 6-B

TVNETDUDE@aol.com TVNETDUDE@aol.com
Tue Nov 25 12:19:48 EST 2008

In a message dated 11/25/2008 10:44:56 AM Eastern Standard Time,
boston-radio-interest-request@tsornin.BostonRadio.org writes:

And we  all know the story of how the announcer in 8-H told WNBC he
would retire  when this new show he was given in 1975 was cancelled.
Don Pardo really  never retired until he hit 90.

If you want to hear some interesting stories of TV and radio long ago Don
Pardo can talk your ear off. He told me that when he started in radio he was
required to wear a tux to work. He use to practice that SNL opening before the
show for at least a half hour before they actually did the rehearsal.

Don did well.Don did very well. He used to complain about how much he  used
to have to pay in taxes.

Mike