30 Rock Studio 6-B

TVNETDUDE@aol.com TVNETDUDE@aol.com
Tue Nov 25 07:44:28 EST 2008

In a message dated 11/25/2008 1:37:23 AM Eastern Standard Time,
boston-radio-interest-request@tsornin.BostonRadio.org writes:

>>So what happens to 6-B? I have fond memories of seeing the  Carson show
tape their quite a few times as it was always easy to get in  back
then.

I believe the audience portion of the studio is still  intact so I
wonder what the plans are for that famous  studio.<<<

Studio 6-B is just a large spacious studio. They used the entire thing for
the news and a good part of it was converted into the "Weather Center".   Spent
lots of time in that part of the studio during the summer. We would have a
feed of the doppler radar to Skypath, our KU-band satellite system, so we
could see rain cells headed our way. It would give is time to get the Burbank
uplink online to avaid a fade.

Mike