30 Rock Studio 6-B

Kevin Vahey kvahey@comcast.net
Tue Nov 25 02:00:36 EST 2008

6-B was indeed the Carson/Paar studio.

I know 10 years ago 6-B still had seating but I believe I saw that the
studio was gutted when they upgraded to HD.

6-A was the home of Letterman ( both morning and late night ) and that
is how Bill Wendell became his announcer because he was assigned to
that studio. Wendell also worked in 6-A for Ernie Kovacks.

I never understood why NBC used tiny 6-B for Carson when they had
larger studios nearby. The Price is Right (Bill Cullen) was done 2
blocks north of Radio City at the Ziegfeld Theater simply because they
could not get the prizes into 30 Rock.

Any major production was shot in Brooklyn (Peter Pan, Mitch Miller)

And we all know the story of how the announcer in 8-H told WNBC he
would retire when this new show he was given in 1975 was cancelled.
Don Pardo really never retired until he hit 90.