The importance of local talk radio

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Mon Nov 24 13:31:51 EST 2008

>>You are correct; Palmer Payne did news at WOR after leaving WRKO.
There was another fellow whom I believe also worked at both stations (though
I may be wrong); his first name was Roger and he had a last name that I
could never quite catch --- something like "Skivenas."  Ring any bells with
anyone?<<

Roger Skibenes.  (not sure of the spelling)

Palmer Payne also did news at WABC around the time of its transition from music to talk (1982), as did another Channel 7 alumnus, Roger Sharp.  The standing joke at ABC was that if the two of them ever co-anchored a newscast, they could call it...

(wait for it)

...the Sharp-Payne Report.

(ducking and covering)

Sid Schweiger