The importance of local talk radio

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Fri Nov 21 21:18:24 EST 2008

>>Could WCRN request the encoding equipment necessary because the signal
does cover a good chunk of Boston.<<

Not 100% sure, but I'd have to guess that if they buy into the Boston "book," they'd get encoding equipment.

>>How will PPM handle somebody with a meter in Framingham listening to 830?<<

The PPM will not record and report to Arbitron listening to unencoded stations, and at that point it's probably up to the station as to whether or not they place any value on having data from the Boston metro.