Is WBZ AM-TV

Kevin Vahey kvahey@comcast.net
Mon Nov 17 14:24:49 EST 2008

and that sign was saved by a friend and now is in a garage in Newton.

My Dad told the story of how WTAO-TV ended.

One night they invited viewers to send a post card for a sweepstakes
drawing worth $500 ( a huge sum 50 years ago ) They wanted to show
advertisers that people were watching.

Not a single card came in and they pulled the plug. Luckily for my Dad
he hooked up with channel 5 a few months later.