Have you seen today's Boston Globe?...

Don A donald_astelle@yahoo.com
Sun Nov 9 02:18:20 EST 2008

>> The Fairness Doctrine does not restrict "freedom of speech".
>
> Yes, it does.  When the government mandated "fairness" is being covered,
> the station can't otherwise speak.

There is nothing in the law that restricts content.  People are free to
continue doing whatever shows they are doing now.  No one could be
restricted from continuing to do shows they do now.

>> Why people are so against the FD is beyond me.  (Is it that they want to
>> be able to broadcast "UN-fairly"?)
>
> No, it is simply the idea of government bureaucrats judging program
> content is downright scary.

Where does it say that "Govt Beauracrats" would  be "judging program
content"?

There are a lot of falsehoods and fears being circulated (like the above).
Most of them unfounded.

Does anyone remember all these problems prior to it being rescinded?

Does anyone remember stations claiming their free speech was being violated?