Operating in the public interest for the local area

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Sat Nov 8 22:52:04 EST 2008

<<On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 22:47:54 -0500, "Dan Billings" <billings@suscom-maine.net> said:

> I was recently involved in buying ads for political campaigns on cable.  In
> Maine, Time Warner does ad inserts for very large regional areas and the ads
> are not cheap.  The old days of being able to buy a small local cable area
> are gone.  At least in Maine.  (Except for Comcast that only covers a small
> area in the state.)

I was seeing Sununu/Shaheen ads on my local Comcast system here.  They
do seem to have difficult with finding local advertising that's
actually appropriate -- the biggest local cable advertiser here
appears to be a car dealer from an hour away that I'd be quite
surprised if anyone in Framingham ever patronized.

-GAWollman