Have you seen today's Boston Globe?...

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Sat Nov 8 11:17:28 EST 2008

>>Are you sure about this? Limbaugh was actively telling people to vote for
Hillary in open primaries an effort to derail Obama because Hillary was
perceived to be the weaker general election candidate, because so many
people despised her.

You could be right but I was under the impression that the idea was to
get rid of Hillary, and then go after Obama--though actually in later
primaries the idea may have been put the nomination process into
chaos by "bringing her back".

Incidentally, someone on the Globe's comments mentioned that Clear
Channel was serving to help Bush and the GOP. Really...the same
company that took a chance on Air America in many markets and
gave us those far right wingers Stephanie Miller, Al Franken,
Ed Schulz, et al, via their WKOX and WXKS? :) (OK, that was
sarcasm of course...and I still maintain that had CC put
at least one DAILY local talk show on, the format could have
worked here)
Clear Channel at least put AAR on for two years and two months here.
Would another company have done this? Entercom? CBS?
Greater Media?

It's all about making money. A good example of this was what
Seth MacFarlane, creator of "Family Guy" said in a Q&A in
Montreal (on a box set). He was asked how folks like Rupert
Murdoch felt about the liberal humor found in the show.
He replied, "Rupert is a businessman first and a Republican
second". In other words, Peter Griffin and friends could
bash Bush and conservatives all they wanted as long as they
got him ratings and money.

And talk radio station owners could well be on the left
politically, for all we know, but if the likes of
Limbaugh succeed, they put them on and keep them on.
Money.
Enjoy your views too!