Yule be hearing Christmas on WROR and WODS from now on

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Thu Nov 6 22:49:09 EST 2008

On 6 Nov 2008 at 15:16, Maureen Carney wrote:

> Santa is already at the Burlington Mall (and probably others in the
> area) - so I guess the stations want to rush the season as well. It
> wasn't that long ago when stations would run "12 Days of Christmas"
> promotions and limit the music to that more approriate period. I guess
> I'm also in the Mike 93.7/Country 102.5 group for the rest of the
> year.

I've said this in past years, so I guess it's time to say it again.
Every year I hear complaints that the Christmas season is being
rushed and starting earlier than ever before.  Back in the mid-1950s,
I remember being with my parents in a department store shortly before
Halloween and seeing Christmas decorations.  When I remarked on it, I
was told that the season was being rushed this year.

It may seem as though the season starts earlier each year, but if
that were true, by this time, we would be starting the new Christmas
season in January.