fairness doctrine

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Thu Nov 6 16:20:53 EST 2008

>>Am I mistaken, or did not talk show hosts such as Jerry Williams, Steve
Fredericks, Avi Nelson, Paul Benzaquin, etc., operate their programs just
fine during the time the Fairness Doctrine was in force? It seems to me that
Jerry in particular was just as boisterous, opinionated, and entertaining
during the Viet Nam war and Watergate as is Rush Limbaugh now.<<

1) Yes, he did just fine, but he was running a telephone-talk show, not a monologue, and he did talk to people on the air who had differing viewpoints.

2) Rush isn't entertaining, and hasn't been for a long time.  He's gotten too full of himself.  He used to be a lot funnier and satirical.  Now he's just strident.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom New England
WAAF/WEEI/WEEI-FM/WKAF
WMKK/WRKO/WVEI/WVEI-FM