Beck's politeness, Smerconish's endorsement

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Thu Nov 6 13:58:41 EST 2008

<<On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 13:51:12 -0500, "Bob Nelson" <raccoonradio@mail.com> said:

> We'll see how long the honeymoon lasts, but I jokingly have said
> that I'm sure the right will treat our new President with the
> same respect, admiration, and class as the left did with
> our outgoing President... :)

I'd like to think that any newly-elected president is worthy of
respect until he (or she) proves otherwise.  But if your talk show
thrives on political controversy, that's a tough row to hoe.  I hope
that Obama, with his con-law background, is going to be a strong
defender of the First Amendment, even when Hannity and O'Reilly are
going at it full blast, but we really have no evidence on which to
judge -- and won't for quite some time.  So it seems appropriate for
more issue-driven talk hosts to want to take a step back and see what
the new administration actually does rather than just attacking the
winners because they were on the "wrong" side.  I'm sure there will be
plenty for them to disagree with once Obama actually has the levers of
power in his hands on January 20th.

-GAWollman