Dennis & Callahan criticized for "election postponed" joke

Don A donald_astelle@yahoo.com
Wed Nov 5 12:06:08 EST 2008

>> It should apply to NPR...but TV, Newspapers and Magazines are private
>> enterprises and do operate on the public spectrum, they own their own
>> press, ink and paper.  Radio is being granted a license to use the public
>> airways.
>
> Can you clarify this?   TV belongs in the same category as radio..

You're right.  Sorry......yes, late nights, early mornings....election day,
etc.

>>NPR is a network, not a station owner.  The FCC has no jurisdiction over
>>networks unless they hold licenses.<<

But the programming would have to adhere, because it runs on licensed radio
stations.  Just like they wouldn't send down obscene material down the wire
for stations to run.

>>The last thing anyone should want is government as arbiter of either
>>fairness,

The last thing we need is people using public airwaves for unfair attacks.