WCVB Analog vs DT signal

John Bolduc n1qgs@yahoo.com
Mon Mar 31 14:45:31 EDT 2008

I noticed over the last few days that the WCVB analog signal is almost
unwatchable over the air at my house in Derry and at my mom's house in
Londonderry. It is about the equal to watching Channel 13 Portland at my
house in Derry on a very modest outdoor antenna.

However, WCVB-DT is now watchable from Londonderry with a signal strength
indicated at 88. This is not best signal into that location, but better
than the "no signal" at all over the past few weeks.

Is it possible that WCVB has switched the analog and digital antenna
locations on the tower, benefiting DT over analog??

John B
N1QGS
Derry NH