Digital TV Broadcasts

Sonny Daye sonnydaye1@gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 15:40:30 EDT 2008

Hi  Guys!
On the WCVB-TV website I found this info:

<<<<Consumers do not have to wait until 2009 to take advantage of all
digital has to offer.
Television stations have been preparing for the transition from analog to
DTV since the late 1990s,
when they began building digital facilities and airing digital channels
alongside regular analog
broadcasts. Today, 1,624 out of 1,762 full-power television stations
nationwide offer digital
programming.>>>

I'm wondering just WHAT programming is offered, specifically in the Boston
market. After Googling for hours, I can't find any listings for digital
programming. Is the programming offered simply the SAME programming as the
analog counterpart or is there UNIQUE programming on the digital channels
(which I assume will be accessible once a digital converter is hooked up to
the TV - even NOW, before the 2009 transition).
I have seen mentions of channels like Channel 4, Channel 4.1, Channel
4.2and the like, but can't find any specific info for available
channels in
Boston (and EXACTLY what programs are broadcast on those "extra" channels).
I'm sure many of you can answer this question for me. Don't know why the
info isn't more easily found on the internet. THANKS for your help.
Sonny