WBZ/Westinghouse/Springfield, MA

Rick Kelly rickkelly@gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 06:39:39 EDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 11:58 PM, Robert F. Sutherland
<madprof@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>  This proposed  shopping center would be 2-3 miles from the route 20
>  "Eastfield Mall" (@ Parker St) and its area of secondary smaller malls.
>  Since many stores have closed over the last 10+ years (Caldors, Ames...) and
>  the turnover of stores in Eastfield Mall is considerable,
>  I see this proposal not as a need to handle area consumers,

I agree, Eastfield Mall has been struggling for years.  If I had to
guess, the people around that part of the city might very well welcome
the demolition of the Westinghouse complex.  It has been an eyesore
for years, and those beloved WBZ towers may not be preserved.

>  This meeting is very soon, can we generate interest?
>  "at 7 p.m. on Tuesday at 32 Stevens St. off Paige Blvd" (East Sprinfgfield)
>  I'm considering going to said meeting to speak historically,
>  any words, details, references to be presaented would be apppreciated.

I'll go as well, although I don't have any plan for what to do with
these towers... they'd be really cool in my back yard, but my spouse
would NOT be happy.

--
Rick Kelly
www.northeastairchecks.com