Small-town TV

Kevin Vahey kvahey@comcast.net
Tue Mar 25 10:45:06 EDT 2008

Gus was a regular guy. Very quiet off camera and liked to read in his
office (booth)

He would observe the chaotic atmosphere that was channel 9 and
occasionally would make a biting remark. He would sometimes make fun
of the policy that had them announce something was on film.

Only time I ever saw him lose it was when the Atlantic account was
lost over the station not converting to color. N W Ayer send us a
hi-band color commercial and we couldn't run it and that was the end.

Sam Phillips would argue that nobody in New Hampshire had color sets
so why bother.

2 other local shows of note. New Hampshire Bandstand and Clyde and
Willie May Joy.