TV cartoons

Maureen Carney m_carney@yahoo.com
Tue Mar 25 08:45:34 EDT 2008

I work with someone who was at WLVI when the WB came on. According to this person they threw out all the 16mm reels of "The Flintstones" and other kid's programming they were going to no longer air.

----- Original Message ----
From: Garrett Wollman <wollman@bimajority.org>
To: Don A <donald_astelle@yahoo.com>
Cc: BRI <boston-radio-interest@BostonRadio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 1:36:31 AM
Subject: Re: TV cartoons

<<On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 01:30:57 -0400, "Don A" <donald_astelle@yahoo.com> said:

>> Channel 9 kept the Mr Magoo, Dick Tracy and Popeye 16 MM forever.
>> When WXPO folded somebody took the entire Warner Brothers library they
>> had.

> I thought when your deal/license was up with a program you had to send back
> the titles....

That's what they're supposed to do -- either that or destroy the
copies.  They don't always do so.  I used to have a set of two vinyl
discs for CBS's "Top 40 Satellite Survey with Dan Ingram", clearly
labeled "AFFILIATES: DESTROY AFTER LAST AIRING", which WQCR gave away
in a contest.  (I wish I knew what happened to them -- I have a lot
more appreciation now for Ingram's talents than I did at the time.)

-GAWollman