Jackson Armstrong has died

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Mon Mar 24 08:37:19 EDT 2008

This from his daughter, via his MySpace page (and by way of Charles
Layno at WGHP-TV in North Carolina):

"Extremely saddening news... I hoped I never had to write... Our extremely
amazing Dad and your friend Jack Armstrong aka John C. Larsh passed away
yesterday March 22, 2008 at his home in North Carolina. I wish there was a
better way to get the word out but this seems to be the fastest means of
communication that he favored. If you knew him at all, you would know
that he
wouldn't want you to be sad for a moment. He would want you to remember all
the good times, what he gave to radio and to the world. He would also want
you to help fight to bring back the personality in radio if at all
possible.
He loved being a DJ almost as much as he loved being a father and that
says A
LOT. He put his blood, sweat and tears into both and never gave up what he
believed in. He was honest, brave and could tell a joke like no other!! He
was the best at everything he did and I know that he touched each and every
one of us. I dont know how he would sign off this letter, maybe it would
be "Yoooooouuuuurrr LLLlleeeadaaa!" or just straight up "Jack it up" either
which way he would have done it better than anyone. Please remember him in
all that you do, pass on kindness, be true to yourself and to those you
love.
If you have any questions, please email me at JackArmstrong08@gmail.com
Very
sad, devon larsh fischer ....Jack's middle daughter who loves him greatly -
he was an exceptional person."