WMUR

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Sat Mar 22 08:14:36 EDT 2008

A. Jospeh Ross wrote"

> I remember Uncle Gus in the early 1970s.  At the time I worked at
> Brookline Town Hall.  Uncle Gus was on at 5 PM, and I usually got
> home while he was still on.  After him was Robin Hood, with Richard
> Greene, which I liked to watch.  So I would usually turn on the TV
> and watch Uncle Gus until Robin Hood came on.

  I remember "Robin Hood" on WMUR in the early 70's. By the mid-70's they
had replaced it with "The Lone Ranger", which was one of my father's
favorite shows. They also had "Gilligan's Island", "Timmy & Lassie" and the
first Lassie show, "Jeff's Collie" in the 4:00 & 5:30 slots over the years,
with "Uncle Gus" always at 4:30. However, I do recall that ABC still had
programming at 4:00 into the mid-70's at least that WMUR cleared, a game
show "The Money Maze" hosted by Nick Clooney (George's dad, Nick was also a
Cincinnati radio personality) and when that show was cancelled, it was
replaced by "The Edge of Night". WCVB didn't clear "Money Maze", not sure
about "Edge", but since WMUR was known for clearing virtually anything ABC
fed, they probably didn't fill the 4:00 slot locally until ABC stopped
offering a 4:00 show.

Mark Watson