Maine Public Broadcasting loses roof..

Rod OConnor rjoc04679@msn.com
Sat Mar 22 04:39:58 EDT 2008

During high winds yesterday (Friday, March 21st) The administrative building of the Maine Public Broadcasting Network in Bangor lost its' roof.

Check out MPBN's website for more info and video.

mpbn.net

I was listening to MPBN between 2-4PM for "Down Memory Lane" and noticed they were briefly off air a couple times. I thought it was simply power outage at their transmitter on BlackCap Mountain in Eddington and didn't give it much thought.
It wasn't until seeing video of the scene on WLBZ2 NewCenter at 5 that I realized the seriousness of the situation.

Rod O'Connor
Southwest Harbor, Maine