WMUR

Maureen Carney m_carney@yahoo.com
Fri Mar 21 09:52:51 EDT 2008

Besides "Uncle Gus" the other reason I would watch WMUR was because they cleared ABC programming that the Boston affiate (either WCVB or WNAC) wouldn't - stuff like "American Bandstand", "Edge of Night" (when it came over to ABC in the late 70s/early 80s) and various sporting events. Since for the most part I watched 9 on a B&W TV in my parent's bedroom the crappy color didn't bother me!

----- Original Message ----
From: Kevin Vahey <kvahey@comcast.net>
To: Mark Watson <markwats@comcast.net>
Cc: (newsgroup) Boston-Radio-Interest <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 11:23:14 PM
Subject: Re: WMUR

How bad were the color cameras that WMUR bought from IVC?

Very few clips exist of Uncle Gus and this one didn't even have Gus.
Steve Thomas was filling in.

Steve was the first Ronald McDonald in New England and still does magic today
http://www.stevethomasmagic.com/aboutsteve.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z2Qc5ZDUMQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE-N1Qs9ujc