RIP John Callaghan from WNAC

Kevin Vahey kvahey@comcast.net
Wed Mar 12 18:29:46 EDT 2008

The Globe has an obit today for John Callaghan who they say was a
sports anchor at channel 7 for 21 years.

I gotta admit I have no clue who this man is. I have no recollection
of him whatsoever.

Perhaps because Don Gillis completely owned sports on Boston TV he was
overlooked but being a sports fan I should have some memory of the
man.

To be fair nobody ever watched Channel 7 for the news in those days. I
remember Dave Rodman and Palmer Payne doing news but I don't recall
anybody doing sports until Joe Pelligrino showed up in the late 60's
who was then replaced by Bob Gamere.