Larry Glick

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Mon Mar 10 00:33:49 EDT 2008

On 9 Mar 2008 at 10:09, Maureen Carney wrote:

> I thought ABC got a waiver from the FCC to keep Breakfast Club on the
> air for affiliates that still wanted to carry, even though it was on
> borrowed time at that point. That's what I remember reading in
> Sterling Quinlan's "Inside ABC" at least.

The way I understood the waiver, ABC split its radio network into
four networks.  They got around the old 1940s prohibition against
operating more than one network by having the different networks'
programs at different parts of the hour, so that no two shows were on
simultaneously.  This worked except for Breakfast Club, which had to
run for the whole hour.  That was what the waiver was for, as I
recall.