enjoying the new Jerry Williams book

kvahey@comcast.net kvahey@comcast.net
Sun Mar 9 12:27:16 EDT 2008

I have the weirdest recollection of Godfrey which helped shape my
curiosity on how broadcasting worked. I was home sick from school and
was perhaps 8 or 9. I was in my room and spinning the radio dial and
came across Godfrey on WEEI. My mother was watching him on TV in the
living room. The radio was a full minute ahead and I remember shocking
my Mom by knowing exactly what would be said.

Obviously the show was on videotape and radio was running a separate
transcription but I didn't understand that then but it made me curious
enough to find out. So can I blame Godfrey for putting me on this life
path?