Larry Glick

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sun Mar 9 01:19:56 EST 2008

On 8 Mar 2008 at 22:16, Kevin Vahey wrote:

> Mac Richmond figured ( and was proven right ) that by 10 PM the Top 40
> crowd was going to bed.

I think he figured wrong.  I always went to bed at 10 in those days,
by parental decree, but I kept my radio on.  My parents would come in
and shut it off when they went to bed after the 11:00 news (and if I
was still awake, I would pretend to be asleep).

WCOP was the station of choice until they dropped the Top 40 format
in the summer of 1962.  I remember hearing some kids at school
complaining that there was nothing to listen to after 10:00, which
means there were others listening at that hour.  Since I had an FM
radio (which few people had in those days), my solution was WKBR in
Manchester.  Others listened to WPTR or WKBW, to the extent that they
could get decent reception.