Larry Glick

John Francini francini@mac.com
Sun Mar 9 00:15:26 EST 2008

I grew up with Larry. For reasons best left unsaid, as a child my mom
would spend a lot of time driving around greater Boston (usually
North Shore or South Shore) in the middle of the night, with Larry on
the air.  We'd often end up staying up to see the sunrise off Revere
Beach or Lynn Beach.

And we'd hear Larry play the German marching song, have the cabbie
on, talk to Muck, take calls from all over the 38-state signal area,
and generally have a fun time.

And then he'd "Reveille" just before he went off the air, after
saying "Goodbye" in a whole bunch of languages.

So what *was* the German marching song?  I can only mentally recall
snatches of it, but I'd love to find a copy of it again.

He put out a record album "Larry Glick?... Let me check", but it was
mostly of stuff from before I started listening in the early 70s.

John