The clout of Bruce Bradley

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sat Mar 1 12:47:10 EST 2008

At 11:51 AM 3/1/2008, kvahey@comcast.net wrote:
>Donna has to find Bruce somehow.

And don't think I haven't tried, but there was a period of time when
he didn't want to be found.  Alcoholism is a terrible disease and
some very brilliant people have been affected by it... I continue to
try to search for him-- he was one of my faves during my college years.

My other fave was Jefferson Kaye.  The Hootenanny show he did on
Sunday nights was one reason I went into radio.  Some of the era's
most outstanding local and national folk music.  When he was fired by
WBZ, the show was done temporarily by Ron Landry, who knew next to
nothing about folk music and I became determined to do that show, but
alas, I had no experience, so I tried to get on my college station...
only to find they didn't put women on the air.  A long story, but
after being a board op for ages and ages, and learning to be a music
director, I finally persuaded the PD at WNEU to give me a chance in
October 1968... and the rest is, how shall we say, history.